Vagabond

I was not made for a house
But was meant to run the fields
like a free mouse
For, the comfort may douse
The fire that was meant to rouse

The walls make me feel trapped
I neither long for warmth
to keep me wrapped
Be it the hard ones made of stones
Or the kind ones made of flesh & bones
For the hard walls trap the body
And kind walls trap the soul
Today I want to trade it all

You keep the comfort
I ll take the bruises and hurt
That comes with running
hastily towards the world

You take the conventional way
And lone is what I choose to stay
For what comes must leave
some other day if not today

You live around the pretty porches
And I take the wild forest
Towards which my heart scorches

You take the dreamy chandeliers
And i choose the moon that appears
Every night the little lights wont suffice
Since to me the stars entice

And when we meet again
I would love to hear your story
About the house you nurtured into a home
Maybe about it we could write a poem
I hope I wont be sorry
Telling you how I travelled the world and beyond
The adventures of a lone vagabond.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words

Return

Upto no good